Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Corner of the Venice Lagoon

Venice Lagoon: a quiet spot

(I don't care when or where, I just care that you're there)

 
A white egret was looking at me for a while...


 then he flew away.

 
 
 

Those lilac flowers in the middle of the water are the Limonium Narbonense (a species of sea lavender), and they are quite common in the Venice lagoon.

Photos taken with a Nikon D5100 [Aug 2014]
 

11 comments:

  1. The egrets are beautiful birds! Great shots! Thank you for linking up, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize there were such quiet, natural ares in the Venice Lagoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are some interesting spots to visit indeed...

      Delete
  3. Looks a great place to see water birds. Love the Egret. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots! The egret is beautiful. Have a peaceful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shots of the elegant egret...love them all but those ones depicting the bird flying away clearly show your talent...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful, and I really like the last photo.

    ReplyDelete