Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Images & Words - 234 - Trick Or Treat

Images & Words - Trick or Treat
(Trick or treat, the bitter and the sweet)

Milano Sud
[Photo taken with my Samsung S3 - Milan, Oct 2013]


The night is still
And the frost it bites my face
I wear my silence like a mask
And murmur like a ghost...
[Siouxsie and the Banshees]

11 comments:

  1. I love the colors here...bold and beautiful....I also happen to like the words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful entry. I love the colors & composition *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful entry. I love the colors & composition *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your urban Halloween... I have tried to read the graffiti word, assuming that is a word. Perhaps influenced by Spanish language Rioja popped into my head but since the photo was taken in Milano, it doesn't make sense... Very vivid colours and coincidence or not the orange patch could be an abstract for pumpkin... very appropriate words. Summing up, an excellent entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belita!

      Actually the original picture has nothing to do with Halloween, so I had fun to edit this shot to stretch it towards the Halloween spirit...

      Btw the word is 'noia' and it means boredom :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for telling me the word written. It makes very much sense considering that is a graffiti. I still remember well the corresponding infinitive form of the related noun 'annoiare'. Mind you, I studied Italian language and culture at the Università per Stranieri di Perugia. I had got a scholarship from the Istituto Italiano di Cultura (Lisbona) from which I have the diploma. Unfortunately, my professional career had never been related to Italy, and after so many years without practicing your very beautiful language, I have forgotten it almost completely. Pity, indeed!

      Delete
    3. That's why you tried to understand the written word ;-)
      Anyway if you studied Italian, I think that a short refresh will bring you back what you studied during those years...

      Delete